Roast Beef and Gravy
“This is by far the simplest way to make roast beef and gravy. On busy days, I can put this main dish in the slow cooker and forget about it. My family likes it with mashed potatoes and fruit salad.” —Abby Metzger, Larchwood, Iowa
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast 3 lbs.
- 1 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup 10-3/4 oz. each; undiluted
- 1/3 cup sherry or beef broth
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Cut roast in half; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Freeze option: Place sliced pot roast in freezer containers; top with cooking juices. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary.
4 ounce-weight: 267 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 517mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fibre), 27g protein.