Coconut Mango Thai Beef Curry
“My recipe provides a lot of sweet heat. The mango and coconut milk taste tropical while the curry paste adds a little fire. It’s a perfect dish to spice up the traditional offerings of the season. To make a milder dish, just reduce the amount of curry paste.” —Terri Lynn Merritts, Nashville, Tennessee
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 tbsp peanut oil or canola oil
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 2-1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2-1/2 lb boneless beef chuck roast cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup dried mango chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- hot cooked rice
- sliced red onions
- fresh cilantro
- lime wedges
- In a Dutch oven, heat peanut oil over low heat. Add curry paste; cook and stir 3-5 minutes. Add coconut milk; cook and stir 3-5 minutes longer.
- Stir in beef, mango, salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium-high; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until meat is tender, about 2 hours. If desired, serve with rice, onions, cilantro and lime wedges.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with regular (full-fat) coconut milk. Light coconut milk contains less fat.
1 cup: 578 calories, 38g fat (23g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 793mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fibre), 39g protein.