Summer Squash Mushroom Casserole
“This rich, creamy squash and zucchini casserole, with its crunchy topping would make a wonderful dish to take to summer potlucks and picnics, or to pair up with a wide variety of entrees. You’ll love the buttery flavour of these ‘comfort veggies!'” —Jennifer Wallace, Canal Winchester, Ohio
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 medium yellow summer squash diced
- 1 large zucchini diced
- 1/2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup undiluted, 10-3/4 ounces
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers about 25 crackers
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- In a large skillet, saute the summer squash, zucchini, mushrooms and onion in oil until tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetable mixture, cheese, soup, sour cream and salt. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Combine cracker crumbs and butter. Sprinkle over vegetable mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
2/3 cup: 234 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 564mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fibre), 8g protein.