Slow-Cooked Turkey Sandwiches
“These sandwiches have been such a hit at office potlucks that I keep copies of the recipe in my desk to hand out.” —Diane Twait Nelsen, Ringsted, Iowa
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 6 cups cooked turkey cubed
- 2 cups process cheese (Velveeta) cubed
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup (10-3/4 ounces), undiluted
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (10-3/4 ounces), undiluted
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 18 wheat sandwich buns split
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 6 ingredients. Cover and cook on low until vegetables are tender and cheese is melted, 3-4 hours. Stir mixture; spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun.
1 sandwich: 263 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 680mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fibre), 20g protein.