Ham and Scalloped Potatoes
“I fix this saucy skillet dish often, especially when I’m running late, because it takes so little time to prepare,” reports Emma Magielda from Amsterdam, New York. “The recipe won first prize in our local paper some years back.”
Photo: Taste of Home
- 4 medium potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 to 3 tbsp onion soup mix
- 3 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup cubed Velveeta
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- In a large skillet, cook potatoes in butter until potatoes are lightly browned. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the milk, soup mix and parsley; stir in cheese. Pour over potatoes. Add ham; cook and stir gently over medium heat until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
1 serving: 353 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1170mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fibre), 16g protein.