Broccoli Rice Casserole
“This hearty broccoli rice casserole is my usual choice to make for a potluck. With the green of the broccoli and the rich cheese sauce, it’s pretty to serve, and it makes a tasty side dish for almost any kind of meat.” —Margaret Mayes, La Mesa, California
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli thawed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 jar process cheese sauce 8 ounces
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup undiluted, 10-1/2 ounces
- 1 can evaporated milk 5 ounces
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and broccoli; cook and stir until crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir in the cheese sauce, soup and milk until smooth.
- Spoon rice into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Pour cheese mixture over rice; do not stir. Bake, uncovered, until bubbly, 25-30 minutes.
1 cup: 241 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 782mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fibre), 8g protein.