“These Zucchini Pancakes are a tasty change of pace from ordinary potato pancakes. Add a little shredded onion to give them a savoury kick.” —Charlotte Goldberg, Honey Grove, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp biscuit/baking mix
- dash pepper
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- sour cream optional
- Place zucchini in a colander over a plate; let stand to drain. Squeeze and blot dry with paper towels.
- In a bowl, mix egg, cheese, baking mix and pepper. Add zucchini; toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Drop four pancakes into skillet; press lightly to flatten. Cook until golden brown, 2 minutes per side. If desired, serve with sour cream.
Zucchini Pancake Tips
What is the best way to shred zucchini?
We recommend shredding zucchini by using either a box grater, food processor, spiralizer or vegetable peeler. Learn how to grate zucchini here.
How do you get water out of shredded zucchini?
To get water out of shredded zucchini, use a colander to drain excess water and pat dry with paper towels. Or you could use a French press to draining shredded zucchini.
Can you make Zucchini Pancakes healthier?
These Zucchini Pancakes are already pretty healthy, but for gluten-free eaters, just make sure you use a gluten-free biscuit/baking mix instead.
How do you store Zucchini Pancakes?
We recommend storing Zucchini Pancakes in an airtight container in the fridge for around three to four days. You could also freeze Zucchini Pancakes for up to two months. —Christina Herbst, Taste of Home Assistant Digital Editor N
2 pancakes: 174 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fibre), 7g protein.