Breaded Pork Chops
“These traditional pork chops have a wonderful home-cooked flavour like the ones Mom used to make. The breading makes them crispy outside and tender and juicy inside. Why not treat your family to some breaded pork chops tonight?” —Deborah Amrine, Grand Haven, Michigan
Taste of Home
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups crushed saltine crackers
- 6 boneless pork loin chops 1-inch thick
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine egg and milk. Place cracker crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip each pork chop in egg mixture, then coat with cracker crumbs, patting to make a thick coating.
- In a large skillet, cook chops in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
1 pork chop: 405 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fibre), 36g protein.