St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes
These St. Patrick’s Day desserts go super-quick. The pistachio pudding mix gives them a mild flavour and their pretty pastel colour makes them a perfect dessert for this lively holiday.
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 package instant pistachio pudding mix 3.4 ounces
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can cream cheese frosting 16 ounces
- green food colouring and gold sprinkles optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; add to dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, 18-22 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Add food colouring to frosting if desired; frost cupcakes and decorate with sprinkles.
1 cupcake: 410 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 0 fibre), 4g protein.