Spinach and Cheese Lasagna Rolls
These Italian-inspired roll-ups from Cindy Romberg of Mississauga, Ontario are fast and fun to make. They may look elegant, but they are also very kid-friendly.
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach 10 ounces, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 6 lasagna noodles cooked and drained
- 1 jar marinara sauce 24 ounces
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, mozzarella, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and egg. Spread a heaping 1/3 cupful over each noodle. Roll up; place seam side down in a 9-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Pour marinara sauce over roll-ups.
- Cover and bake at 350° until bubbly, 33-38 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
1 lasagna roll: 301 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 963mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fibre), 18g protein.