“This tastes like a milk shake, but it doesn’t have the guilt or fat. My husband and I look forward to it in the morning. It’s so good for you, and it will keep you energized for hours.” —Jessica Gerschitz, Jericho, New York
Taste of Home
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp vanilla yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 small banana sliced and frozen
- 2/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled mango frozen
- 1-1/4 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately.
3/4 cup: 107 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 38mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fibre), 3g protein.
Diabetic exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.