Honey-Lime Roasted Chicken
It’s hard to believe this finger-licking main course starts with only five ingredients. “The chicken is easy, light and so good,” promises Springfield, Vermont’s Lori Carbonell. “It’s just as tasty prepared outside on the grill.”
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 whole roasting chicken 5 to 6 pounds
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard or spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 350°. Carefully loosen the skin from the entire chicken. Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan. In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, honey, mustard, salt and cumin.
- Using a turkey baster, baste under the chicken skin with 1/3 cup lime juice mixture. Tie drumsticks together. Pour remaining lime juice mixture over chicken.
- Roast until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°, 2-2-1/2 hours. (Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly.) Let stand for 10 minutes before carving. If desired, remove and discard skin before serving.
4 ounces cooked chicken: 294 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fibre), 28g protein.