Preserved Roasted Peppers
Preserve peppers the right way with this delicious and simple recipe.
- Preheat oven to 230°C / 450°F.
- Wash and dry peppers. Place on a baking sheet and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake, turning regularly, until the skin is evenly browned.
- Remove peppers from oven and place in a sealed plastic bag. Let cool 15 to 20 minutes.
- Peel the peppers and carefully remove stems, seeds and membranes.
- Blot peppers with paper towels.
- Cut peppers into strips. Pack them into the glass jars and seal the jars.
- Place the sealed jars in a large heavy pot, cover with boiling water and leave to simmer 40 minutes over medium-low heat. Remove the pot from the stove and allow the jars to cool in the water.
- Keep the jars in a dark, dry place.