Lightly Acidic Oyster Marinade
The beer in this recipe by Daniel Notkin of The Old Port Fishing Co. in Montreal rounds out the lightly acidic oyster marinade.
- 1/2 shallot diced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1/4 bottle champagne vinegar
- 12 oysters shucked
- Steep diced shallot and a pinch of salt and pepper in champagne vinegar for one hour.
- Add the marinade to 12 shucked oysters and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oysters on the grill until the marinade has evaporated. The shell will be extremely hot.
- Finally, deglaze the oyster shell with a splash of beer.