Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Beverages/Cocktails | Beverages/Cocktails
Special diet :
1L (4 cups) water
8 tea bags
90 mL (6 tbsp) sugar
30 mL (2 tbsp) minced fresh ginger or 5 mL (1 tsp) ground ginger
2 bottles (284 g/10 oz) ginger ale
- In a medium-size saucepan, bring the water to a boil over moderately high heat.
- Pour the boiling water into a 1L (1-quart) heatproof pitcher, add the tea bags, sugar, and ginger, and steep for 8 minutes or until the tea is as strong as desired.
Remove and discard the tea bags.
- Cool, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, strain the tea into a 3L (3-quart) pitcher or punch bowl and stir in the ginger ale.
- Serve over ice cubes in tall glasses.
This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:1468