Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Sandwiches | Sandwiches
Special diet :
1 medium loaf crusty Italian bread
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
115 g (¼ lb) Soppressata or Genoa salami, sliced thinly
150 g (⅓ lb) sliced Mortadella
1 package, 180 g sliced Provolone cheese
250 ml (1 cup) commercial marinated vegetables, drained*
50 ml (¼ cup) Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- Slice the loaf of bread in two horizontally (along the equator). Scoop out most of the soft dough and reserve for another use.
- Brush the inside of the top crust with olive oil and fill with the sliced meat and cheese.
- Spread the preserved vegetables and olives on the bottom crust.
- Close the sandwich carefully and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Place a weight on top of the sandwich (a cast-iron pan works well) and let sit 2 hours at room temperature.
- Cut into triangles and serve.
*Italian-style marinated vegetables (cauliflower, carrots, celery and green olives) sold in jars.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2504