Grilled Bacon-Tomato Sandwiches
“My family loves these sandwiches and they are very easy to prepare. Fresh basil, tangy Italian dressing and melted cheese meld perfectly together in this simple sandwich.” —Betty Snoddy, Franklin, Missouri
Photo: Taste of Home
- 4 slices Italian bread 1/2 inch thick
- 4 slices provolone cheese 1 ounce each
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 bacon strips cooked and halved
- 2 tsp teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2dried basil
- 2 tbsp Italian salad dressing
- Top 2 slices of bread with a slice of cheese each; layer each with 2 tomato slices, 2 bacon strips, half of the basil and another cheese slice. Top with remaining bread. Brush dressing over outside of sandwiches.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted.
1 sandwich: 471 calories, 26g fat (12g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1251mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fibre), 25g protein.