Ham and Swiss Sliders
“My next-door neighbor shared this ham and swiss sliders recipe with me, and I simply cannot improve it! You can make it ahead and cook it quickly when company arrives. The combo of poppy seeds, ham and cheese, horseradish and brown sugar makes it so delicious.” —Iris Weihemuller, Baxter, Minnesota
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|1dozen||25minutes + chilling||30minutes|
|1dozen||25minutes + chilling|
- 1 package Hawaiian sweet rolls 12 ounces
- 1/2 cup horseradish sauce
- 3/4 lb sliced deli ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese halved
- 1/2 cup butter cubed
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Without separating rolls, cut rolls in half horizontally; arrange bottom halves of rolls in a greased 9x9-in. baking pan. Spread cut side of roll bottoms with horseradish sauce. Layer with ham and cheese; replace tops.
- In a small skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 1-2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour over rolls. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, covered, 25 minutes. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown, 5-10 minutes longer.
1 sandwich: 315 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 555mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fibre), 13g protein.