Keto Meatballs and Sauce
“I have been following a keto diet for a year and a half and have lost 130 pounds. I took several recipes and tweaked them to create this recipe for keto meatballs. You won’t miss the breadcrumbs at all! I like to eat these on their own, but they are also great over zucchini noodles.” —Holly Balzer-Harz, Malone, New York
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can tomato sauce with basil, garlic and oregano (8 oz)
- 2 tbsp prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake until cooked through, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, mix sauce ingredients; heat through. Serve with meatballs.
4 meatballs with 1/3 cup sauce: 404 calories, 27g fat (13g saturated fat), 162mg cholesterol, 799mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fibre), 31g protein.