Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
“I created this mint chocolate cheesecake for our high school’s annual fundraiser. We were told that it brought a hefty price and was one of the first desserts to go! If desired, you can stir the cookie pieces into the batter instead of adding them in a layer. Keep the pieces fairly small; if they’re too large they have a tendency to rise to the top.” —Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 10 Oreo cookies finely crushed (about 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 4 packages cream cheese softened, 8 ounces each
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white baking chips melted and cooled
- 6 tablespoons creme de menthe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons creme de cacao
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 large eggs room temperature, lightly beaten
- 10 Oreo cookies coarsely crushed (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan. In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cooled chips, creme de menthe, flour, creme de cacao and extract. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour half the batter over crust; sprinkle with crushed Oreos. Carefully spoon remaining batter over top. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. hot water to larger pan.
- Bake until centre is just set and top appears dull, 75-80 minutes. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Spread over cheesecake.
1 slice: 518 calories, 33g fat (18g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fibre), 7g protein.