Health Nut Muffins
Try these delicious and healthy muffins for a snack that’s as good for you as it is tasty.
Shutterstock/ Brent Hofacker
- 1 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup light (fancy) molasses
- 1/2 cup All-Bran
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup skim milk powder
- 3 tbsp wheat germ
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds optional
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dates chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut optional
- In a large bowl, combine water and molasses.
- Add bran and oats and soak 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine sugars, flour, skim milk powder, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- To the soaked bran and oats, beat in oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- Batter will be runny – don’t panic! Stir in nuts and fruits.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on cake racks.