Fried Mozzarella and Sun-Dried Tomato Sandwiches
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Sandwiches | Sandwiches Special diet : Ingredients
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Sandwiches | Sandwiches
Special diet :
8 slices, 1 cm (½ inch) thick country-style bread
180 g (6 oz) mozzarella, in 4 slices, 0.5 cm / ¼ inch thick
30 ml (2 tbsp) sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp) pine nuts, chopped finely
125 ml (½ cup) flour
250 ml (1 cup) extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Remove crusts from bread. Trim bread and mozzarella slices to make 9-cm / 3.5-inch squares.
- Assemble the bread and cheese to make 4 sandwiches.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts. Set aside.
- Flour the sandwiches.
- Place a large pan over medium heat and add the oil.
- Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture, pressing well so that the nuts and tomato bits stick. Fry on both sides till golden brown, and drain on paper towels.
- Season with salt and pepper, and cut into squares or triangles before serving.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2368