Foccacia with Peppers, Onion and Goat Cheese
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Sandwiches | Sandwiches Special diet : Ingredients
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Sandwiches | Sandwiches
Special diet :
400 g (14 oz*) Pizza Dough , in two equal pieces
2 medium onions, sliced
45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
1 red pepper, in thin strips
1 yellow pepper, in thin strips
1 green pepper, in thin strips
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
375 ml (1 1/2 cups/ 160 g) Goat cheese, grated
45 ml (3 tbsp) rosemary leaves, chopped
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) coarse (Kosher) salt
- In a skillet, wilt the onions in the oil. Add the peppers and cook for 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, remove from heat and let cool on the counter.
- Stretch each ball of dough into a 30 cm (12 in) circle. Place one circle on a greased baking sheet.
- Arrange the vegetables on top of the dough, leaving a 2.5 cm (1 in) border, and sprinkle with cheese. Cover with the other circle of dough and press well all around the edge to seal.
- Cover with a clean tea towel and let rise for 50 minutes away from drafts.
- Preheat oven to 210°C / 425°F.
- Press your fingertips gently into the dough to make slight indentations. Brush with oil and sprinkle with rosemary and salt.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
*Half the recipe.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2706