Number of servings : 4 to 6 Sandwiches
Type of meal : | Sandwiches | Sandwiches
Special diet :
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1⁄8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1⁄4 teaspoon pure maple extract
1 loaf banana bread, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons butter, divided
2 ripe bananas, sliced on the diagonal
- In a bowl with a mixer, combine cream cheese and cinnamon. Slowly add vanilla, maple syrup, and maple extract, beating until smooth and fluffy.
- Butter both sides of banana bread slices. Place on a hot griddle and toast 2 minutes per side; set aside. In the same griddle, melt butter, add banana slices, and cook 1 minute per side, or until golden. Sandwich cream cheese mixture and grilled bananas and serve warm.
- Banana Bread Tea Sandwiches: Cut sandwiches into finger-length pieces.
- Banana Bread PB&Js: Use banana bread instead of white bread.
- Banana Bread Elvis: Smother sliced bananas and bacon with peanut butter on grilled banana bread.
- Banana Bread Ice Cream Sandwiches: Place a scoop or two of ice cream between two slices of grilled banana bread.
Makes 4 to 6