Almond Joy Cake
“This is a fantastic Almond Joy cake recipe—tastes just like the candy bar.” —Daria Burcar, Rochester, Michigan
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|16servings||30minutes + chilling||25minutes + cooling|
|16servings||30minutes + chilling|
|25minutes + cooling|
- 1 package devil's food cake mix regular size
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 20 large marshmallows
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 can chocolate fudge frosting 16 ounces
- large coconut flakes Optional
- toasted whole almonds Optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour two 9-in. round baking pans. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, buttermilk, eggs and oil; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Divide batter between prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, 28-32 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a large saucepan, combine marshmallows, sugar, milk and cornstarch. Cook and stir over low heat until marshmallows are melted; increase heat to medium and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in coconut and almonds. Remove from heat; cool. Refrigerate filling until cold but still spreadable, about 45 minutes.
- Using a long serrated knife, cut each cake horizontally in half. Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with 1/3 of coconut filling. Repeat twice. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread fudge frosting over top and sides of cake. Refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour. Garnish with coconut flakes and almonds if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 piece: 502 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 371mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (56g sugars, 3g fibre), 5g protein.