Turkey and Mushroom Salad
Turkey sandwiches with holiday leftovers will only go so far. This recipe is low in fat, nutritious and quick to prepare!
Number of servings : 6
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Type of meal : | Salads | Salads
Special diet : | Low fat
250 g (8 oz) turkey or chicken tenderloins
2 tablespoons butter
salt and freshly ground black pepper
12 large white mushrooms
½ cup (125 ml/4 fl oz) dry white wine
1 bay leaf
1 sprig rosemary
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
2 tablespoons crème fraîche or sour cream
1 head oak leaf lettuce 125 g (4 oz) fresh raspberries
- Cut turkey into small pieces. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add turkey; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper; transfer to a plate.
- Wipe mushrooms with paper towel. Discard stalks. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon butter in pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, open side up, and cook 3 minutes. Add wine, bay leaf, rosemary and a generous grinding of pepper. Cook, covered, another 5 minutes.
- Transfer mushrooms to a plate. Cook pan juices over high heat until reduced to one third their original volume. Discard rosemary and bay leaf. Leave pan juices to cool.
- Pour pan juices into a large bowl. Whisk in oil, vinegar and crème fraîche. Add salt and pepper to taste. Finely chop 4 lettuce leaves. Add to bowl with turkey; stir to combine.
- Spread remaining whole lettuce leaves on serving plates. Place mushrooms on top, open sides up, and fill with turkey salad. Garnish with raspberries.