Slow-Cooker Buffalo Chicken Salad
“My husband and sons love Buffalo chicken with blue cheese, so I created this salad. You can even make the chicken the day before and reheat when ready to serve.” —Shauna Havey, Roy, Utah
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1-1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 package hearts of romaine salad mix 10 ounces
- 1 cup julienned carrot
- 1 medium ripe avocado peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- Place chicken in a 1-1/2- or 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with wing sauce, butter and ranch dressing mix. Cook, covered, on low until thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
- Remove chicken; shred with 2 forks. Reserve 1/3 cup cooking juices; discard remaining juices. Return chicken and reserved juices to slow cooker; heat through.
- Place romaine salad mix in a serving dish. Top with shredded chicken, carrots, avocado and blue cheese; drizzle with blue cheese dressing. Serve immediately.
1 salad: 385 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 1693mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fibre), 28g protein.