Gingered Spaghetti Salad
“We love this chilled chicken salad brimming with colourful veggies. Make it meatless by omitting the chicken and tossing in more edamame.” —Cindy Heinbaugh, Aurora, Colorado
Taste of Home
- 1 package whole wheat spaghetti 16 ounces
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 English cucumber chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper chopped
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 3 green onions sliced
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding edamame during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Rinse in cold water and drain well. Meanwhile, stir ginger into salad dressing.
- In a large bowl, combine spaghetti, chicken, cucumber, peppers and red onion. Add dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with green onions.
1-3/4 cups: 355 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 431mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 7g fibre), 26g protein.