Thai Chicken Pasta
“I try to buy fresh chicken when it’s on sale. I cook a big batch in the slow cooker, then cut it up and package it in small amounts suitable for recipes like this. When I want it, I just need to pull it out of the freezer and let it thaw.” —Jeni Pittard, Canon, Georgia
Photo: Taste of Home
- 3 oz uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1-1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 tbsp chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe dish, combine the salsa, peanut butter, orange juice, honey and soy sauce. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Add the chicken; heat through.
- Drain linguine. Serve with chicken mixture. Garnish with peanuts and cilantro.
1 each: 409 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 474mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fibre), 33g protein.