Sunny Citrus Cheesecake
“This beautiful layered cheesecake takes a bit longer to make, but the end result is so worth it! Citrus seems to be the perfect ending for an Easter meal, and the bright flavours really shine in this dessert.” —Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|16servings||35minutes + cooling||85minutes + chilling|
|16servings||35minutes + cooling|
|85minutes + chilling|
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup cold butter cubed
- 4 packages cream cheese softened, 8 ounces each
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp grated lime zest
- 3 drops green food colouring
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 6 drops yellow food colouring divided
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp grated orange zest
- 2 drops red food colouring
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract
- Orange slices optional
- Lime slices optional
- lemon slices optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, sugar and zest; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake until edges are lightly browned, 25-30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Divide batter into thirds. To 1 portion, add lime juice, lime zest and green food colouring. Pour batter over crust.
- Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake until center is just set and top appears dull, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to another portion of batter, add lemon juice, lemon zest and 3 drops yellow food colouring. Carefully remove pan from oven. Gently spoon over lime layer. Return to oven; bake until center is just set and top appears dull, about 25 minutes.
- To remaining batter, add orange juice, orange zest, red food colouring and remaining 3 drops yellow food colouring. Carefully remove pan from oven. Gently spoon over lemon layer.
- Return to oven; bake until center is just set and top appears dull, 30-35 minutes. Carefully remove pan from oven.
- In a small bowl, whisk topping ingredients. Gently spoon over cheesecake in small dollops; spread carefully. Return to oven; bake 5 minutes.
- Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled. Remove rim from pan. If desired, top with orange, lime and lemon slices. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 slice: 394 calories, 27g fat (16g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fibre), 6g protein.