Reuben and Rye Strata
“This make-ahead dish is so easy to prepare. It’s wonderful for brunch, lunch or supper, or as a potluck meal. If you prefer it, substitute turkey pastrami for the corned beef.” —Mary Louise Lever, Rome, Georgia
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|10servings||25minutes + chilling||50minutes|
|10servings||25minutes + chilling|
- 10 slices rye bread cubed (about 6 cups)
- 1-1/4 lb thinly sliced deli corned beef chopped
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese or Swiss cheese
- 1 cup sauerkraut rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2/3 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- Dash garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley
Test Kitchen Tips
- Patting the sauerkraut dry will help prevent excess moisture after the casserole bakes.
- Leftover cubed corned beef would also work in place of deli-style.
1 piece: 382 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 175mg cholesterol, 1377mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fibre), 25g protein.