Rhubarb Cranberry Cookies
“I like the sudden hit of sweetness when you bite into the white chips. It really complements the tart flavour from the rhubarb and cranberries.” —Elaine Scott, Lafayette, Indiana
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups diced frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate chopped
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, rhubarb, chips and cranberries.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
1 cookie: 84 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fibre), 1g protein.