Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
“I make these flavourful pumpkin cupcakes each Halloween, but they’re wonderful year-round.” —Amber Butzer, Gladstone, Oregon
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can pumpkin 15 oz.
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup raisins
- cream cheese frosting:
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat sugar, pumpkin, eggs and oil until well blended. In another bowl, whisk next seven ingredients; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture. Stir in raisins.
- Fill each of 24 paper-lined muffin cups with 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean, 28-32 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar. Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with walnuts. Refrigerate.
To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
1 cupcake: 313 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fibre), 3g protein.