Pumpkin Spice Cake
“We sometimes call this pumpkin spice cake ‘Thanksgiving Cake’ because it’s a tasty alternative to pie, but we don’t relegate it to just that holiday. I think you’ll agree it’s delicious any time of the year.” —Kathy Rhoads, Circleville, Ohio
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|16 servings||15minutes||45minutes + cooling|
|45minutes + cooling|
- 1 package spice cake mix regular size
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix (3.4 oz)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cream cheese frosting or whipped cream
- Preheat overn to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, eggs, pumpkin, water, oil, pudding mix and cinnamon. Beat at medium speed for 5 minutes. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, 45-55 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost cake or serve with whipped cream.
1 piece: 318 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fibre), 3g protein.