Personal Pear Pot Pies
“Talk about cutie pies! These tasty pear mini pies, baked in ramekins, are super easy. Frozen puff pastry makes it simple to treat your loved ones to personal-size desserts.” —Barbara Engelhart, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 tbsp butter divided
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflake crumbs
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled Anjou pears
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled Bartlett pears
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease bottoms and sides of four 8-oz. ramekins with 1 tablespoon butter (do not butter rims). Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, cornflake crumbs, brown sugar and ginger. In a large bowl, toss pears with orange juice. Add crumb mixture and toss to combine. Divide mixture among ramekins; dot with remaining butter.
- Unfold pastry; cut into 1/2-inch strips. Arrange over ramekins in a lattice pattern, trimming to fit. Gently press ends onto ramekin rims. Brush lattices with egg.
- Bake until filling is bubbly and pastry is golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.
1 pot pie: 343 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 7g fibre), 5g protein.