Makeover Fruit Pizza
“There’s nothing better than a guilt-free dessert, especially when it’s topped with refreshing and colourful fruit. We skimmed the calories and fat from a traditional fruit pizza to create one with about half the calories, fat and cholesterol.” —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|16||25minutes + chilling||10minutes + cooling|
|16||25minutes + chilling|
|10minutes + cooling|
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter cubed
- 5 tsp cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 8 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh strawberries halved
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 11 oz mandarin oranges drained
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake until very lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, mix glaze ingredients until smooth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Cool slightly. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust. Top with berries and mandarin oranges. Drizzle with glaze. Refrigerate until cold.
1 slice: 170 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fibre), 3g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.