Lemon Red Potatoes
“Butter, lemon juice, parsley and chives enhance this simple side dish. I usually prepare these potatoes when I’m having company. Since they cook in the slow cooker, there’s plenty of room on the stove for other dishes.” —Tara Branham, Austin, Texas
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1-1/2 lbs medium red potatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chives minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut a strip of peel from around the middle of each potato. Place potatoes and water in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until tender, 2-1/2 to 3 hours (do not overcook); drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, lemon juice and chives. Pour over the potatoes and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Test kitchen tips: This recipe is versatile and works with spices you have on hand. You can make up your own combination.
1 serving: 150 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fibre), 2g protein.