Feta Asparagus Frittata
“Asparagus and feta cheese come together to make this frittata extra special. Perfect for a lazy Sunday or to serve with a tossed salad for a light lunch.” —Mildred Sherrer, Fort Worth, Texas
Photo: Taste of Home
- 12 fresh asparagus spears trimmed
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place 1/2 in. of water and asparagus in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Cook, covered, until asparagus is crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes; drain. Cool slightly.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Chop 2 asparagus spears. In an 8-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Saute green onions, garlic and chopped asparagus 1 minute. Stir in egg mixture; cook, covered, over medium heat until eggs are nearly set, 3-5 minutes. Top with whole asparagus spears and cheese.
- Bake until eggs are completely set, 7-9 minutes.
1/2 frittata: 425 calories, 31g fat (12g saturated fat), 590mg cholesterol, 1231mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fibre), 27g protein.