Favourite Hot Chocolate
“You need just a few basic ingredients to stir up this spirit-warming sipper. It’s smooth and not too sweet, making it just right for cozy winter days.” —Flo Snodderly, North Vernon, IN
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 6-1/2 cups water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- sweetened whipped cream optional
- marshmallows optional
- Chocolate syrup optional
- Pirouette cookies optional
- Place milk and cocoa in a large saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until blended. Gradually stir in water; heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. If desired, top with whipped cream.
1 cup: 177 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fibre), 5g protein.