Pineapple Pudding Cake
“My mother used to love making this easy pineapple sunshine cake in the summertime. It’s so cool and refreshing that it never lasts very long!” —Kathleen Worden, North Andover, Massachusetts
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|20servings||25minutes||15minutes + chilling|
|15minutes + chilling|
- 1 package yellow cake mix (9 oz)
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix (1 oz)
- 1 package reduced-fat cream cheese (8 oz)
- 1 can unsweetened crushed pineappl well drained (20 oz)
- 1 carton frozen reduced-fat whipped topping thawed (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts toasted
- 20 maraschino cherries well drained
- Preheat oven to 350 F deg;. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions; pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted near the centre comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in pudding mixture until blended. Spread evenly over cake. Sprinkle with pineapple; spread with whipped topping. Sprinkle with walnuts and garnish with cherries. Refrigerate until serving.
1 piece: 152 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fibre), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.