Cherry Almond Mousse Pie
“Treat your loved ones to a luscious pie with chocolate, cherries and nuts in a creamy vanilla mousse. It’s a sweet yet refreshing dessert.” —Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 oz., divided
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract divided
- 1 frozen 9-inch pie shell baked
- 1 jar maraschino cherries 10 oz., drained
- 1 package cream cheese 8 oz., softened
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix 3.4 oz.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream whipped
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- chopped chocolate optional
1 piece (calculated without chopped chocolate): 469 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 1g fibre), 8g protein.