Best Ever Stuffed Mushrooms
“At party time, I bring out a platter of my easy stuffed mushrooms. I like to make mine with reduced-fat sausage, but you can use regular for an indulgent treat.” —Debby Beard, Eagle, Colorado
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 package reduced-fat cream cheese 8 ounces
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tsp dried basil
- 1-1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 30 large fresh mushrooms stems removed, about 1-1/2 pounds
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender, 6-8 minutes, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Add cream cheese and Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until melted. Stir in bread crumbs, basil and parsley.
- Meanwhile, place mushroom caps in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, bottom side up. Brush with butter. Spoon sausage mixture into mushroom caps. Bake, uncovered, until mushrooms are tender, 12-15 minutes.
1 appetizer: 79 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fibre), 3g protein.