Cinnamon Strawberry Pancakes
This simple pancake is made with the most fabulous, rich strawberry topping. Enjoy!
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 400 g strawberries hulled and halved
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 20 g unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 100 ml milk semi-skimmed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract optional
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- Mix the flour, baking powder and caster sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the middle and add the egg and vanilla extract, if using. Pour in a little of the milk, then beat the egg lightly until it is mixed with the milk and vanilla. Gradually stir in the flour mixture and pour in the remaining milk a little at a time. Before all the milk is added and while the mixture is quite thick, beat well to remove all the lumps, then gradually beat in the remaining milk to make a smooth batter.
- Preheat the grill to the hottest setting. On the hob, melt the butter in a 20-22cm frying pan that can safely be used under the grill (cover a wooden handle with foil). Swirl the butter around the pan, then pour in the batter and cook over a medium heat until the pancake is golden underneath. The batter should have risen and almost set on top. The surface will break into little bubbles.
- Slide the frying pan under the grill and cook for 1 minute. Scatter the strawberries evenly over the pancake. Sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar, then grill for 3 minutes or until the sugar has melted. Cut into four wedges and serve.