Ingredients60 ml (4 tbsp) extra-virgin olive oil
60 g (2 oz) pancetta, in strips
3 shallots, sliced thinly
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) sparkling wine
450 g (1 lb) casarecce pasta
475 ml (1 1/2 cups) Ricotta cheese
125 ml (1/2 cup) 35% cream
Salt and freshly ground pepper , to taste
30 ml (2 tbsp) Parmesan cheese, grated
30 ml (2 tbsp) chives, chopped
- Fry the pancetta in the olive oil over low heat for 1 minute. Add the shallots and continue cooking for another minute.
- Deglaze with sparkling wine over high heat until the sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large pot, cook the pasta in plenty of boiling, salted water until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the Ricotta in a large bowl and add the cream. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and add to the Ricotta, along with the pancetta and shallots. Add the Parmesan and toss well.
- Serve immediately on plates decorated with chopped chives.
Variation: You may substitute prosciutto or fresh sausage meat for the pancetta.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Sign up to our Food newsletter for lots of more great recipes every week.