Cucina Etc., RD.ca web exclusive
Bucatini with Brussels Sprouts
450 g (1 lb) bucatini
500 ml (2 cups / 200 g) grey shallots, sliced thinly
45 ml (3 tbsp) butter
750 ml (3 cups / 275 g) Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
500 ml (2 cups / 195 g) Asiago cheese, grated
500 ml (2 cups) 35% cream
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
30 ml (3 tbsp) flat parsley, chopped
- In a large pot, cook the pasta al dente, following package directions. Drain without rinsing and set aside in a large bowl.
- In a skillet, brown the shallots lightly in the butter.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, sauté a few minutes and add to the pasta.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the cheese in the cream, stirring until the mixture is thick and smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta, toss well and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Sign up to our Food newsletter for lots of more great recipes every week.