“These yummy zucchini, currant and walnut muffins are an excellent and tasty way to use up surplus zucchini from your garden.” —Peg Gausz, Watchung, New Jersey
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried currants or chopped raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Combine egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, walnuts and currants.
- Fill muffin cups three-fourths full with batter. Bake until a toothpick in center comes out clean, 22-25 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
1 each: 318 calories, 16g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fibre), 6g protein.