Veggie Sticks with Ricotta Wild Blueberry Dip
Here’s a healthy party snack that will impress your calorie-counting guests. It’s ready in 15 minutes.
Photo: Wild Blueberry Association of North America
- 2 celery stalks
- 3 carrots
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese partly-skimmed
- 1 oz gorgonzola crumbled
- 1 tbsp wild blueberry juice
- 1 pinch grated orange peel
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup wild blueberries
- Wash and prepare celery and carrots. Cut both in sticks and transfer to container.
- Mix Ricotta and Gorgonzola with wild blueberry juice. Season with grated orange peel and pepper. Gently stir in blueberries. Transfer sauce to container.
- Dip veggies into wild blueberry sauce and enjoy for lunch at the office or include in a picnic basket. Serve with baguette or rolls if desired.
Approximate nutritional analysis per portion:
Protein: 17 g
Carbohydrates: 43 g
Fat: 14 g
Cholesterol: 44 g
Sodium: 737 mg