Slow-Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
“When I make this tasty chicken lasagna at home, I use a whole bottle of Buffalo wing sauce because my family likes it nice and spicy. Increase the pasta sauce and use less wing sauce if you prefer.” —Heidi Pepin, Sykesville, Maryland
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1-1/2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bottle Buffalo wing sauce (12 oz.)
- 1-1/2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 carton ricotta cheese (15 oz.)
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese shredded
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 medium sweet red peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or feta cheese
- chopped celery optional
- additional crumbled blue cheese optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in wing sauce and spaghetti sauce. In a small bowl, mix ricotta and mozzarella cheeses.
- Spread 1 cup sauce onto the bottom of an oval 6-qt. slow cooker. Layer with three noodles (breaking noodles to fit), 1 cup sauce, a third of the peppers and a third of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining sauce; sprinkle with blue cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Top with celery and additional blue cheese if desired.
1 serving: 445 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 1996mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fibre), 33g protein.