Ground Beef Spinach Alfredo Lasagna
“With two types of sauces, ground beef, spinach and three kinds of cheese, this dish is super hearty and goes beyond the expected. When serving, be sure to scoop all the way down to the bottom of the slow cooker so everyone gets a good taste of all the yummy layers.” —Deborah Bruno, Mira Loma, California
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 24 oz spaghetti sauce
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 oz no-cook lasagna noodles
- 8 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 15 oz Alfredo sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and pepper. Spread 1 cup meat mixture onto the bottom of an ungreased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Arrange four noodles over sauce, breaking noodles to fit if necessary; layer with half of the ricotta mixture, 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1 cup meat mixture.
- Top with four noodles, spinach, Alfredo sauce and 2 cups mozzarella cheese. Continue layering with four noodles, remaining ricotta mixture, 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1 cup meat mixture. Add any remaining noodles; top with remaining meat mixture and mozzarella cheese.
- Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender.
1 piece: 757 calories, 40g fat (23g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 1362mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fibre), 55g protein.