Number of servings : 12
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Type of meal : | Desserts | Desserts
Special diet :
1 cup (250 mL) chocolate wafer cookie crumbs (about 17 cookies)
3 tbsp (45 mL) butter, melted
6 cake-like ladyfingers, cut crosswise in half, separated into strips, or 14 cookie-like ladyfingers, cut crosswise in half
1 tsp (5 mL) instant coffee granules
3 tbsp (45 mL) coffee liqueur
2 pkgs (250 g each) Canadian Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Mascarpone cheese, softened
1-1/4 cups (300 mL) sugar
1 tbsp (15 mL) corn starch
1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) vanilla
3/4 cup (175 mL) sour cream
Chocolate curls (optional)
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press into bottom of 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan. Butter side of the pan. Line side of the pan with strips of ladyfingers, rounded side out and cut end down; set aside. If you are using sugar-coated lady-fingers, remove excess sugar to prevent them from burning while cooking or making the removal from the mould difficult.
- Dissolve coffee granules in liqueur; set aside. Beat Canadian Cream Cheese and Canadian Mascarpone until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar, corn starch, and vanilla. Add eggs, all at once; beat until just combined. Stir in coffee mixture. Pour filling into prepared pan.
- Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven 45 minutes or until centre appears nearly set when gently shaken. Remove from oven.
- Spread sour cream to within 1 inch (2.5 cm) of edge of hot cheesecake. Cool in pan on wire rack 20 minutes. Remove side of pan and cool completely. Chill well. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.
- Chocolate curls: Make sure to warm the chocolate slightly until the texture is pliable. Use a microwave, at "defrost", for approximately 1 minute per square or hold the wrapped square in the palm of your hand until chocolate softens slightly.
- When chocolate is ready to be used, use a vegetable peeler over the smooth surfaces of the square. Use a toothpick to lift the curls without breaking them.
Dissolve coffee granules in liqueur; set aside.